Tuesday, September 10, 2013

What's The Point?

On my What's The Point project, I used a lot of contrast to draw attention to the puppy who sat on the right off-center of the paper. The fence was all white, except for shading to add dimension to it; therefore, I made the puppy all black to contrast against the white fence and his white bib.

 I tried to add plenty of value to make the fur pop out and add dimension. For this, I chose pen, because I don't think charcoal would have worked well to make the fur look the way that I wanted it. Also, pen is my preferred medium due to the fact that I don't like to blend as much as other forms of shading. I used a lot of crosshatching and hatching/parallel lines in order to add dimension and shading to this picture.

I was a bit scared to make the dog black, because I've never colored in fur the whole way before. I took the risk and colored the dog all black and I like the way it turned out because it adds a lot more substance to the picture. All in all, I thought that the picture might not turn out the way I wanted it to, but I pulled it off in a way that I am pleased with.
In the  process of drawing line art.

No comments:

Post a Comment